Job Posting Numbers Surpass Pre-Pandemic Totals Across the Region
An increase in job postings across the South Central Coast Region reflects a larger, national economic recovery trend following the labor market shock from the COVID-19 pandemic.
In February 2022, there were nearly 28,000 job postings in the region, up from approximately 18,500 job postings two years prior, just before the start of the pandemic.
In the 12-month period from March 2021 to February 2022, Anthem Blue Cross posted the largest number of job ads (3,477), followed by Amgen (2,462), Dignity Health (2,173), Northrop Grumman (1,835), and Allied Universal (1,393).
Based on posting numbers, the top five jobs employers sought to fill in the same 12-month period were:
- Registered Nurses (11,378)
- Retail Salespersons (10,152)
- First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers (6,200)
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Except Technical and Scientific Products (6,017)
- Customer Service Representatives (5,844)