Inland Empire/Desert Unemployment Rate Continues To Fall, Employers Add Jobs
The Inland Empire/Desert Region Centers of Excellence provides monthly updates on employment and job changes in the Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario MSA labor market.
The region’s unemployment rate fell to 5.4% in November 2021, down from 6.3% in the previous month. Nonfarm employers added 15,700 jobs to their payrolls in November. Notable nonfarm job changes were reported in the following sectors:
- Transportation & warehousing increased by 6,400 jobs, up 3.3%.
- Retail tallied 5,300 more jobs, up 3%.
- Public sector employers recorded an increase of 2,800 jobs.
- Arts, entertainment & recreation (live entertainment) employers reported a notable month-over increase of 700 jobs, up 5.8%.
- Construction experienced the greatest job losses over the month, down 2,500 jobs, a decline of 2.2%.
Unemployment rates by regional city and community are available here: https://arcg.is/14umPX.
Source: California Labor Market Information Division (2021). November 2021 data release. Retrieved from https://www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.gov/.