Far North COE Participates in Restorative Justice Summit￼
The Far North Center of Excellence (COE) presented an overview of regional workforce trends, including a summary of the subregion’s largest industries and fastest growing occupations, at the North/Far North Regional Restorative Justice Summit in April.
This inaugural event brought together students, state and local government partners, and workforce development professionals for a collaborative conversation on ways to improve access and strengthen community college programs to better serve justice-impacted students.
Other topics presented at the summit included:
- Rising Scholars Regional Program Update
- Capturing and Utilizing the Chancellor’s Office’s Management Information Systems Data Mart
- Educational Forecast for the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
- Employment Programs for Formerly Incarcerated Students
- Creating Partnerships with the Community Corrections Partnership Program
- Graduate Panel Focusing on Successful Transition into the Workforce
- Expungement Programs and Ban the Box Laws