The Central Valley/Mother Lode Center of Excellence (COE) is assisting the Central Mother Lode Regional Consortium in gathering input to support the region’s strategic plan process.
The focus group facilitated by the COE will address eight partial sectors critical to the region’s economy:
1. Advanced Manufacturing
3. Business & Entrepreneurship
5. Energy & Utilities
6. Information & Communications Technology/Digital Media
8. Social Services
Workforce information being collected will be applied to:
1. Identifying gaps in knowledge, skills, and abilities to be closed through workforce development,
2. Gathering data to inform and update local community college programs and outreach efforts, and
3. Gauging employer engagement to develop strategies that further promote and advance these efforts.
The data from the focus group will be combined with survey data already obtained. This brief will be accompanied by a report of findings from the Pre-Economic Summit that occurred on October 25th and 26th in Bakersfield California.
A second streamlined needs assessment survey will occur in Spring of 2023. More to come on this in the next couple of months, so STAY TUNED!
The strategic plan guides educational program support and development as well as collaborative efforts undertaken by the region’s 15 colleges.